Sunday, May 3, 2009

My House Smells Good!

Boy, does my house smell good!  Yesterday I took the Madagascar Vanilla goat milk soap out of its molds, cut, and stamped it.  And it smells divine! #2 daughter says the scent makes her hungry for chocolate.  My son thought the soap looked like a brownie or chocolate bar the first time I made it. The cool thing about this particular fragrance is that it turns the soap a very dark, chocolate brown color, almost right before your eyes.  It starts out like any of my other soaps, a light creamy color; but the longer it sets, the darker it gets.  It takes about 2 days altogether, so the color change should be complete tomorrow.  

The other soap I made and took out of the molds was Sun-kissed Currants and I used the sunflower oil instead of olive oil.  It smells wonderful, too!  Will have to wait a month now for the soaps to cure and then I'll wrap and label them.

Tomorrow's agenda will again include making a batch or two of soap.  I'll definitely make lavender (my #1 seller) and something else....maybe the Vera Wang-type, which I'm going to name "Very Wonderful" because it does smell so wonderful.

I had agreed to be a vendor both yesterday and today at a Living History Civil War Encampment.  But since it's been raining and the weatherman was still calling for more rain, we decided not to go.  My soap labels aren't waterproof, and even with the canopy, the rain still gets on the tables and some of the soaps.  If the weather would have been better, I would have really enjoyed attending this event.




No comments:

Post a Comment