Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Soap Making and Garden Work

The Madagascar Vanilla goat milk soap is a beautiful, dark, chocolate brown and smells wonderful as ever. When I finish blogging, I'll go back to slicing and stamping the Lavender Fields goat goat milk soap that I made yesterday.  This morning, after watering the chickens and hanging out a load of laundry, I made a batch of Vera Wang-type (I renamed it Very Wonderful) goat milk soap.  And it smells great, too!  Will wrap the Mysore Sandalwood while I watch my soap opera, "The Young & The Restless".  I also have to fill up the soap boxes for the farmers' market tomorrow morning.  Then this evening the kids have a 4-H meeting.  A policeman and his canine partner are supposed to be visiting our club.  

This afternoon's plans include weed-eating in the garden, pulling weeds, and possibly planting some of my pepper and tomato plants.  The sun was in and out for a bit yesterday and it's out today, but the garden is not dried out yet.  And the weatherman is calling for MORE rain tonight. 

I went out to the garden late yesterday afternoon to check if there was more asparagus ready to pick, but first I had to walk around the garden to look at how the veggies that are already planted were doing.  Well, with all the rain we've had there are LOTS of weeds.  I ended up weeding the broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower bed.  Then I picked some asparagus and went back into the house to fix supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment