Monday, January 31, 2011

TRIPLETS!!!

Finally! Our first baby goats of the year have arrived! I was sitting at the kitchen table earlier this afternoon and heard the goats hollering. So I went to the back door and stepped out to see if anything was going on. All the goats except Marshmellow were out in the front field. Then I heard a baby goat cry. So I grabbed my hat and coat, put them on, and stepped into my rubber boots and hurried off to the barn. When I walked into the stable, I saw two baby goats on the stable floor. Marshmellow was laying down, but got up to see me. When she stood up, there was a third baby goat between her and the stable wall!

Marshmellow has always produced plenty of milk, so hopefully after a week or so, we'll be able to drink goat milk again, as long as the babies get what they need first. Then I can make soft cheeses, kefir, yogurt, and freeze more milk for my goat milk soaps.

And the fun of playing with baby goats will commence very soon. I enjoy watching them run and literally bounce across the field or off the stable walls. And they love to play follow the leader with whomever comes out to the field to play with them.

2 comments: