Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Raisin Walnut Bread

After blogging yesterday about baking bread, I had to share with you the new bread I baked yesterday afternoon. From the title you can see it's Raisin Walnut Bread. I used an Oatmeal Bread recipe from the book "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day." I made a few substitutions, like using honey because I didn't have maple syrup. And I used a whole cup of sprouted whole wheat flour and left out the oat and wheat bran. Then when the dough was ready, I took out a 1/3 of the dough; and after lightly flouring the bread and the counter, I rolled it out, sprinkled on raisins and walnuts, rolled it up and put it in a loaf pan, let it rise, and then baked. OOOhhhh my!!!! It smelled so good! I also used Black Walnuts I bought at one of the local farmers' markets in my area. If you've ever tasted Black Walnuts, you know they have a stronger flavor than English Walnuts. We had this bread this morning with breakfast, toasted, with cream cheese. This bread was absolutely delicious! I bet it would make good French Toast, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment