Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Remembering Joy

I just wanted to take a few moments to remember a friend that I've never met face-to-face. Her name was Joy and she left this veil of tears on January 3, 2010. She was an elderly lady, whose younger brother and his wife have been friends with my mother since they were in school. She saw my email address in emails her brother sent to the both of us and sent me a message one day several years ago. We began corresponding back and forth. She forwarded lots of interesting emails to me, too. She was a weaver and spinner and had owned Angora rabbits when she was younger. That's how we got to visiting...because I had Angora rabbits years ago and I still spin, and do some weaving, and I love to knit. She was always interested in hearing about my doing spinning demonstrations, attending craft shows, and making cheeses and soaps. She told me just a couple of months ago how much she enjoyed reading my blog to catch up on all my "doings." Even though Joy and I never met each other in person, I'm glad our paths crossed and I know I'll met her face-to-face one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment