Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cheese Making Demo, Etc.

Oh, my!!! I haven't blogged in quite a while. My daughter and I are spending the night in a motel because she has an Orientation Day tomorrow at the school she will be attending this Fall. It has wireless internet and I'm having fun with the faster access, so I thought I'd catch up on my blogs.

Several weeks ago some 4-Hers from my County came to my house to watch and help me make mozzarella cheese with my goat milk. First I heated the milk up and explained the process to the kids and their parents. While the milk was coagulating, we went to the barn to see the goats. The kids enjoyed the babies goats and our new litter of kittens. Then we went back to the house, washed hands and stretched the mozzarella. And of course, they got to sample the cheese, plus the pineapple cheesecake and some feta that I had made for them. Everyone who tasted the cheese stuff liked it.

I'm in the same boat this year as last with my garden. It's either been raining or I haven't been home or had something else that had to be done and I'm behind in getting my garden planted. I do have peas, carrots, and lettuce up. And I did get a few tomato plants put in the ground, but I'm no where near finished yet. It's time to plant everything now! Guess I'll have a busy week next week. It's supposed to be warmer as well.

And I still have lots of soap to make to fill an order, plus soaps for all my markets. Three are open now and next month my fourth market will be open. Can you say B-U-S-Y?

I did finish the red, lacy, cotton sweater for my younger daughter. I'm currently working on a beautiful lacy, cabled baby afghan for my nephew and his wife. They are expecting their first baby later this summer. After I finish it, I have some hats and scarves to make my younger daughter. She wants several to choose from, not just one for the whole winter season. I am also going to make some wool mittens for a friend whose hands stay cold, unless it's above a certain temperature, because of the meds he's taking.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment