Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring is Here at Patchwork Acres

Haven't posted in quite a while...again! Too much going on. We're getting lots of delicious goat milk and I have been making lots of mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, only because they are the quickest to make. I did make cottage cheese last week and it's almost gone. I also made some mild feta cheese because a couple of folks at church asked me to. I'm hoping that once the farmers markets start (next Saturday is the first one!!!) that I will pick up a few more milk and/or cheese customers. Will make more mozzarella, ricotta, and some strong feta this week.

Spring is finally here!!!!!! And it's been rather windy lately, but at least it's warm now. I've been working in my garden in between making soap, slicing soap, wrapping soap and my regular chores....laundry, cooking, baking, trying to clean house. I had to replant my peas because the first ones didn't come up. Probably because I planted old seed; so I bought new and hopefully they will be sprouting up this week. The spinach mustard and the radishes are up, as well as lettuce and Chinese cabbage. Still have lots of gardening work to keep me and my family busy all summer. If you garden, you know it's an ongoing job.

A funny thing happened last week. I've always heard that calico cats are only female and sterile. But the vets office told me that calicos can have babies. Well, our calico cat had her first and last litter of 5 kittens on April Fool's Day! I say last because after her babies are old enough, Cali will be going to the vets to be fixed and the kittens will get new homes.

The red lacy cotton cardigan I knitted for my daughter is finally finished except for weaving in the ends and sewing on 2 buttons. I'll have to take a picture and post later.

A couple of weeks ago, I set up with one my farmers' markets at a Home and Garden Show. We met lots of folks and sold a lot of soap. I'm looking forward to the farmers' markets starting again.

And since today is Easter Sunday, I hope everyone had a blessed day in celebrating, remembering how our Lord Jesus died for our sins and the best news: He ROSE from the dead! The tomb is empty! Jesus paid the price for our sins and some day we'll be in Heaven with Him! Jesus is Risen! Alleluia, he is risen indeed!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment