Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Cool November Day

Yesterday it was raining and foggy all day.  Yuk!   And I baked a delicious Sourdough Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting.  It's very tasty!

Today is cool, cloudy, and damp.  Another "yuk".  I made a double batch of jalapeno pepper jelly this morning.  It looks like there's still enough peppers to make another single batch, but I have to buy more jelly jars and liquid pectin first.  Later in this afternoon I'm going to make Sourdough Pecan Sticky Buns.  The sourdough "sponge" is doing it's thing  right now....sitting and bubbling away.  I haven't used my sourdough in a while, so I decided to make several sourdough recipes over several days.   When the cake has been eaten, I'm going to bake a Friendship Cake.  It's easy and I haven't made it in quite a while. 

I ordered 2 Christmas Dulcimer songbooks, but sent one back.  It wasn't in the same tuning as I play my dulcimer.  Since I'm a new player, I don't know yet how to rewrite the music, nor do I want to retune my dulcimer.  But hey, the company shouldn't mind that I sent the book back because I ordered another book, more expensive than the first one.  Anyway, the second songbook arrived yesterday and I can play most of the songs.  Just need lots of practice to play smoothly.  I had to laugh because on the front cover it says something to effect of "small hand friendly".  Ha! Ha!  I have small hands and I can't play a couple of the chords.  I have no idea how I'm supposed to reach them.  Luckily the author had a new tip for me:  If you can't reach the bass string in any chord, don't.  The music still sounds like it's supposed to.  That makes it easy and still enjoyable for me to play.

I have a new soap to wrap this afternoon:  Citrus Sage.  This coming weekend is one of the "Big" craft shows of the year.  My younger daughter and I are looking forward to it.  We meet LOTS of people and, of course, sell soaps.

So it's off with me to practice my dulcimer, bake the sticky buns, and wrap soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment