Thursday, November 12, 2009

CATS

Last Saturday my younger daughter and I were vendors most of the day at a local church bazaar.  It was late and dark when we got home.  After the evening chores were finished and since it was still warm outside, Hubby and I decided to sit on the front porch and play with our 4 House cats.  (They are called House cats because they hang around our house, as opposed to the Barn cats, who hang out at the barn.)   Earlier when I was unloading the soaps from the vehicle and carrying them into the house, the cats were meowing at me, trying to rub on my legs and walking between my feet---whatever they could do to get my attention.  However, when I sat down and wanted to hold one of them, any of them, they had other things to do!  The barn cats had come up to the house to see if they were missing any fun.  All of the cats were either wrestling with other, chasing a spider or a moth, or chasing each other.   No one wanted to sit on Mama's lap to be petted!  Not a single cat!  And I kept fussing to my husband that my kitties didn't love me anymore.  Finally I got a hold of Bandit, a pretty black and white cat (one of 3 black and white cats), and set him on my lap and started petting.  He decided it was lap time and he stayed right there, purring contentedly, until I was ready to go in for the night.  That's all I wanted, to hold one of my kitties for a little while.  But they were fun to watch while they were playing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment