Thursday, April 23, 2009

My new blog

Welcome to my new blog!  (Thanks, Honey, for setting me up!!!)  So what is Patchwork Acres? For those who may read this and don't know, Patchwork Acres is the name of our small farm.  We raise Nubian dairy goats, assorted chickens, some guineas, and rabbits.  We also have cats (any one need an adorable kitten or 2 or 4?) and one Scottish Terrier.   One of the many things I do is make hand-crafted goat milk soaps, which I sell at local farmers' markets (I'm a member of 3 and manager of one of those) and various craft shows, living history days, and events around the area.   In fact, today I made a small batch of castile soap.  Tomorrow I will take it out of the mold, slice it, and leave it to air dry and cure for about 4 weeks.  Also tomorrow I have to get ready for an event I will be attending all day on Saturday, and another event on Sunday afternoon.   I won't be managing my farmers' market for 5 weeks, due to other events that I will be attending.  Busy, busy, busy!!!! That's me.  I can never, ever, say that I'm bored because I always have something I need to do or want to do.   So, I ought to get off this computer and go do something.  My kids will be home from school soon anyway.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment